Tuesday, March 22, 2011

And the semester's almost done!

I haven't posted for quite a while, so it seems that I have to catch this blog up on my life. To start with, my family and I went to CancĂșn, Mexico for spring break, which was incredible. The beaches there are gorgeous! The water was so blue it looked like it was straight off of a postcard.
I think that I'll just live on here in the future...

But now I'm back to my non-beach reality in the lovely city of Charlotte. This past Friday, Christina and I decided to take full advantage of Charlotte's amazing weather by picnicking at the park! After I got off work, I swung by this amazing sandwich place called Laurel Market (the location on South Blvd) and picked up an Athena wrap for Christina and an Apricot-Smoked Turkey sandwich for myself. The food is so delicious; Christina and I were starving by the time we finally got around to eating it due to some directional issues we had finding the park. Despite the fact that you have to wait in a bit of a line around lunch time and its a to-go place only, Laurel Market tops them all for Charlotte's delicious cheap eats (not to mention, healthy!) We had our little picnic at Freedom Park-- the most beautiful public park in Charlotte, this place has a lake and gazebos and everything! It's such a pretty venue. I can't wait for summer concerts and events there.

Then on Saturday, we went to the Niner baseball game vs. Harvard, which was really fun except for the heat. I'm all for beautiful sunny weather, but when we're sitting out in the baseball stadium and the sun is beating down straight on us, its not so pleasant anymore. On the other hand, it is a nice way to get a tan and support an awesome baseball team!
Christina, Me, Erin and Raegan at the baseball game showing some Niner Nation pride!

I can't believe we only have six more weeks of class and then finals. The year has gone by so fast! We're already registering for our Fall 2011 classes next week, and a lot of my friends and I have already begun planning study abroad trips the upcoming years. I'm looking into a study abroad semester in Seville, Spain. I hear its bea-u-tiful!

There's a to-do list of work that I have to catch up on before I leave for Charleston this weekend (I'm going to stay with one of my friends for Charleston Fashion Week-- I'm SO excited! I'll have to post some pictures later!) I've done a pretty good job avoiding parts of it, which is really making tonight not look so great. Wish me luck! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment